Working Practicum (formerly Language Co-op)
Employers are seeking professionals with North American work experience who understand North American business culture...
Our GEOS schools in Canada help international students and professionals gain an educational work experience in a North American work environment. These students and professionals will develop their language skills and apply their expertise with the goal of improving their employment opportunities internationally.
The Working Practicum Program at GEOS Toronto consists of a period of English study followed by a period of work. The work can be either paid or unpaid, and the minimum period of time for the entire program is 24 weeks.
Our GEOS schools in Canada are presently working with many partners, facilitating a variety of paid and unpaid Specialized Language Practicums and General Language Practicums in industries such as Service, Tourism, Marketing, Trade, Administration, Design, Hospitality, and IT. Thus, students have a number of exciting opportunities available to them!
Why is this program right for you?
- Fast-track your career.
- Gain greater opportunities than most entry-level positions.
- Meet your specific objectives according to your schedule.
- Accumulate experience and references for future employers.
- Increase your English fluency in a North American working environment.
- Build new relationships in the industry.
- Learn about North American business culture.
Our schools will...
- Provide at least 3 months of English courses.
- Forward student information to our partners and potential companies that have requested interns or employees with similar rofiles.
- Mediate communication between the student and the company to ensure an ideal placement.
- Ensure all students have valid visas, insurance, and clearly understand the internship position and agreement.
- Arrange lodging and provide support to ensure a trouble-free placement.
- Maintain communication with students and the company to ensure a successful placement.
- Provide a great learning and cultural experience.