10 Things to do in Toronto this Winter
Let’s get one thing straight. There is nothing pleasant about uncomfortably cold temperatures and snow that makes it difficult to get around – by foot or by car. But like most things, life is sometimes more beautiful through uncontrollable difficulties. So, make the effort to leave the comfort of your home this winter for one of these rewardingly wonderful activities!
- Midnight Skate: It’s winter in Toronto. Skating is the obvious thing to do! Choose from a wide variety of inner-city community centres or outdoor skate rinks that are open through the night. Nathan Phillips Square, located in the heart of Toronto, is always a great choice. (Only some rinks provide skates to rent)
- Indoor Beach Volleyball: North Beach Volleyball is located in North York, Toronto, and is perfect for those who can’t accept that winter is here.
- A Brisk Morning Run: As simple as it sounds, a morning run in winter can be very fun and fulfilling! It’s also a terrific way to start the day! Just make sure to dress appropriately.
- Snowboarding/Skiing: About 3 hours north of Toronto are the Blue Mountains of Ontario. It may not compare to Whistler but is a great place to learn how to learn one of the best winter activities around!
- Restaurants with a View: If you’re not into all that moving around, pick a nice restaurant with a view! Downtown Toronto has plenty of restaurants to choose from, each with their own atmosphere and unique charm. Sit by a window to see how winter compliments your experience! Sitting in a warm and cozy restaurant in winter can be one of the most gratifying experiences.
- Snow Angels: Take a break, jump in the snow and make some snow angels! Not into that? Then watch other people make them. Someone has to have fun during the winter.
- Winter Marketing: Farmer’s markets are part of Toronto’s social fabric. Ever tried an egg from a local farm that raises free range chickens? It tastes better. Much better.
- Instagraming: Because everything is pre-filtered in winter.
- Brrrrr! Winter Music Festival Toronto: Don’t worry! We didn’t forget about you! Party outdoors in the middle of winter with the rest of Toronto. This is an event you must attend.
- Plan for Spring: Okay, so after reading this, some of you are still not convinced. Winter is a wonderful season to take advantage of but we understand spring and summer are also pretty great. Go ahead and plan!